I have some questions for you that I hope you will talk about on the blog & let everybody know what you think:
- If you have a job, where you get paid money, do you like your job?
- If you said Yes, what do you like most about your job?
- If you said No,what kind of job would you like to have?
- Have you ever been told that you couldn’t work because you have a disability?
- If you said Yes,how did that make you feel?
- If somebody who doesn’t have a disability is doing the same job that you are, do you think that both of you should be paid the same amount of money?
In my bones, I believe that everyone with a disability who wants to have a job that they enjoy, should be able to do that & I’m not the only person who believes that!
SUFU is part of a group called Employment First Maine, which is a group that is working hard on making sure that anybody with a disability who wants to work, can do so.
I will be SUFU’s representative in the group, so I will keep you updated.
- If you could have a job that you picked,that you enjoyed & that you got paid the same as someone without a disability, what would that mean to you?
- Would you like to be able to have people who know you the best (friends & family) be part of helping you figure out what would be good jobs for you to try?
Talk on the blog & let everybody know what you think.
If you have any questions, please post those, too.
By posting on the blog, we can all learn from each other, which is why we started the blog.
If you need help posting to the blog or help figuring out what you would like to say, please email me: email@example.com
Until next time,